Rio H. Kwon, Associate
Mr. Kwon concentrates his practice in litigation, taxation, business transactions and organizations, and real estate and finance. He is fluent in Korean.
- Juris Doctor, Cum Laude, William S. Richardson School of Law, 2018
- Bachelor of Arts, Magna Cum Laude, Phi Beta Kappa, University of Hawaii at Manoa, 2015
- During Law School, Mr. Kwon was an oralist on the Philip C. Jessup International Law Moot Court Competition and was a Staff Writer on the University of Hawaii Law Review. Additionally, he served as an extern for the Honorable Richard R. Clifton of the United States Court of Appeals for the Ninth Circuit and the Honorable Sabrina S. McKenna, Associate Justice of the Supreme Court of the State of Hawaii.
- He is a recipient of the CALI Excellence for the Future Award for the highest grade in Civil Procedure II, the Frank Boas Writing Award for the best Second Year Seminar paper on a Pacific-Asian law topic, the Bruce C. Bigelow Scholarship, and the Jackson Lewis Employment & Labor Scholarship.
- Hawaii State Bar Association
- Licensed to practice before all state courts in Hawaii, the United States District Court for the District of Hawaii.
Articles and Publications
- Resolving the Legal Status of Dokdo/Takeshima: Why Joint Referral to the International Court of Justice is a Realistic Approach, 40 U. Haw. L. Rev. 209 (2018)
- Director, McKinley High School Foundation (2019-Present)