Nathaniel Higa, Partner
Mr. Higa focuses on commercial litigation and tax controversies. He has experience handling various types of business, real estate, construction, tort, bankruptcy and tax matters in Hawaii State and Federal Courts, as well as the Ninth Circuit Court of Appeals.
- Bachelor of Arts, English, minor in Philosophy, Pepperdine University’s Seaver College
- Juris Doctorate, cum laude, Pepperdine University School of Law
- Certificate, Dispute Resolution, Pepperdine University School of Law’s Strauss Institute
- Mr. Higa was lead Articles Editor of the Pepperdine Law Review; a teaching fellow in the law school’s Academic Success Program; a member of Pepperdine’s Trial Advocacy Team; and a research assistant to Pepperdine University Law Professor and Dean of Research, Richard Cupp.
- Higa also served as a Judicial Extern to the Honorable Sandra Ikuta, U.S. District Court Judge, United States Court of Appeal for the Ninth Circuit.
- Listed as a “Rising Star” for 2015, 2016, and 2017 in Hawaii’s “Super Lawyers”
- Hawaii State Bar Association
- Admitted to practice in all federal and state courts in Hawaii and in the United States Court of Appeals for the Ninth Circuit.
- Field v. Henshaw (In re Henshaw), Nos. 11-00853, 12-90070, 101, 2017 Bankr. LEXIS 1703 (U.S. Bankr. D. Haw. June 19, 2017)
- Henshaw v. Field (In re Henshaw), 670 F. App’x 563 (9th Cir. 2016)
- In re Bay W. Kailua Bay, Nos. 11-03124, 13-90045, 2014 Bankr. LEXIS 5080 (U.S. Bankr. D. Haw. Dec. 18, 2014)
- Tucker v. Field (In re Tucker), No. 14-00136 SOM/BMK, 2014 U.S. Dist. LEXIS 111579 (D. Haw. Aug. 12, 2014)
- Anderson v. Citimortgage, Inc., No. 11-00583 DAE-RLP, 2011 U.S. Dist. LEXIS 145947 (D. Haw. Nov. 25, 2011)
- C. Brewer & Co. v. Haw. Ins. Guar. Ass’n, 124 Hawai`i 170, 238P.3d 202 (2010)
- Jou v. Adalian, No. 09-00226 JMS/KSC, 2009 U.S. Dist. LEXIS 112938 (D. Haw. Dec. 3, 2009)