Leroy E. Colombe, Partner
Mr. Colombe has practiced exclusively in the area of commercial and real estate litigation, representing both plaintiffs and defendants since 1984 and practices in both state and federal courts.
- Bachelor of Arts, University of California at Berkeley, 1981
- Juris Doctor, Boalt Hall School of Law, University of California, 1984
- Co-author, National Business Institute’s manual on “Residential and Commercial Eviction in Hawaii”
- Frequent speaker on real estate litigation issues
- State of Hawaii Campaign Spending Commission, Blue Ribbon Recodification Committee, 2007-08
- Board of Trustees, Le Jardin Academy, 2000-2016
- Windward Soccer Club, secretary, Board of Directors, 2005-2010
- Kailua Neighborhood Board, 2002-03
- Hawaii State Bar Association
- Licensed to practice in Hawaii; United States District Court for the District of Hawaii; United States Court of Appeals for the Ninth Circuit; California
- “AV” rating, Martindale-Hubbell Legal Directory
- Hawaii National Bank v. Chirayunon, 136 Haw. 372, 362 P.3d 805 (Haw. App. 2015)
- Leone v. County of Maui, 128 Haw. 183, 284 P.3d 956 (Haw. App 2012)
- Hawaii Conference of the United Church of Christ, 2007 WL 1874307 (Haw. App. 2007)
- UFJ Bank Limited v. Ieda and Lots Wako, Inc., 109 Haw. 137, 123 P.3d 1232 (Haw. 2005).
- Western Sunview Properties, LLC v. Federman, 338 F. Supp.2d 1106 (D. Haw. 20046)
- Unity House, Inc. v. North Pacific Investments, Inc., 918 F. Supp. 1384 (D. Haw. 1996).
- Hawaii Blind Vendors Assoc. v. Dept. Of Human Services, 71 Haw. 367, 791 P.2d 1261 (1990).
- Lum Yip Kee, Ltd. v. City and County of Honolulu, 70 Haw. 179, 767 P.2d 815 (1989)
- Honolulu Waterfront Limited Partnership v. Aloha Tower Development Corporation, 692 F. Supp. 1230, D. Haw. aff’d, 891 F.2d 295 (9th Cir. 1988).